Thursday, October 1, 2009

DE Streaming


Welcome back to our class blog.  Hopefully we will have a lot of opportunities to use it again this year for a variety of subjects.  Hopefully you maintained your own blog over the summer, and have checked up on my blog every now and again.  If you haven't thats ok.  As long as your remember your password your blog is still there for you to update.  Today I would like to set up a Discovery Education account for you.  This is a site that I'm trying out which host a lot of educational videos.  Go to the link (title) by clicking on the title and set up your account.  You need the passcode that I provided you.  After you have set up your account take a look around and tell me what you think about the site, and share your findings with a comment.

21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found alot of stuff and videos about hitler and world war 2. I found this amusing because I like stuff about the war. Hitler and his evil doings is very mean to me and I think that all the things he did was bad.
    I also found alot of stuff about your body and animals. There was also the assignments that you can put on the site for studentsto complete online and hand them. I also liked the cool clolurs that there was on the page. I think that this siteis going to be a great success for students and Mr.Carson

    ReplyDelete
  3. The site provides lots of vidos about each school topic, like Math languge, history. You can watch the video about the topic you are learing in the class. Teachers can assgin assinments and tell you to watch a certain video and do a smmary or answer qustions. All of your work can be done on the computer, whitch would be more fun for students than writing it all down, then we might learn more with this. At home if we have computers we just go online and seee what your sopposed to do. Then the teacger goes online and cheks your homework to see if you did it.
    Thats what i like about this site and there is really nothing that I don't like. It's all password protected and everything.
    This site is a really good way to easyely find out and do your homework I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the site because you can look at what you got on a test on the website. You can also watch video's that teach you something about animals plants or anything else to do with math, science, history, geography, exc. It's password protective for almost about everything so cannot be seen by anyone else in your class or anybody else in the world. So I like the website alot because nobody else can say ' oh what did you get on the test"? Then you tell them and then if you get a bad mark and you tell them they will go and tell the rest of the class and they will say " remember when so and so gotta a R on the test it was so easy!". So I like the idea of this website to get our marks better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i learned a lot of things about the human hands in a movie about a dangerous rescue by the coast guard. the pilot was having his skin be see thru and you could see the sensers and radio waves coming from the brain. in the movie i saw the coast guard rescue 2 kids scuba diving when the tide came in they would have died without the captain and the crew of the helicopter. i learned a lot about the sensers and about the coast guard today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the website is pretty interesting. I think it is interesting because you can see full episodes of shows like myth busters, world war . The videos are also sometimes funny and educ and others. The site also has assignments for students witch makes it kind of educational. I think once our class gets to know this website better it will be a great website to visit for our class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this website is a great way to do our work, see our assinements, se the assinements we have handed in, and watch cool videos. I really cant wait until we get our first assinements on it, hopefully it will be one when we get to watch a video. Now Im about to watch one about the, Earth's Changing Climates: Climate Change and the Extinction of the Woolly Mammoth. I hope its good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i dont like the site beacuse theres no funny videos de is a site about educatiol videos and learning in a fun way

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the website because there are my faveret tv shows on the website and there are a lot of ather interesting videos to

    ReplyDelete
  10. i do not like this site because there is no funny or cool videos on it and i dont not like this site because it is all about learing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im nnot here to coment on that Im here to complain that web site is a total fail becuase it did not work

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think that discovery Education is a great site to look at some cool stuff that you can watch and most importantly theres TV!!!! only on the computer though and its very educational So it is good to watch not like the regualar tv like Nitro circus chris angel ETC

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that the website is all about stuff to grade things, look for things and for us to do school work. I think it is also there to help
    us and all so there to help us to study and for alot other stuff like histoy becaues there are videos about alot of stuff. That is what I think the website is for to help us with are school work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this site has lots mof videos and most subjets like science and math. this site also has videos about histoy and habits to help study.
    but the site has long and short videos. And i fond this video about the planets and explaind a lot about it so mr c i think its a good site.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that discovery education is a very great site because it is very educationonal and it has lots of learing opertoates and you can also watch videos atv its alot of fun and it is a really fun web site

    ReplyDelete
  16. this website is an amazing thing and i think it is good for everyone. this wesite is pretty much saying and telling you about alot of things like our bones and the weather. there are all videos for all ages from kidergarten to teachers. i watched the one about bones and it was really cool it was talking about this guy who got blown away by a tornado and he didn't brake any bones although he flew out of the sky and smashed on the ground it was pretty cool and im going to go watch it now, bye!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the website is great because it has videos for everything, I tried looking up videos for school subjects and tones came up, so if I wanted to learn something visually I could go to this website. Also having the assinments section could come in handy to because if the teacher wanted us to watch a video on a certain topic and comment on it, we could watch and instead of writing on paper we could do write on the website. Another way this website could come in handy is if we were at home on school nights or weekends we could check this website for homework. I think this website is a good idea and it can come in handy. I like the website because it's fun and educational!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This website has videos about things that have happend around the world. It is also a great way to see our class assinments. Some of the videos are realy cool, one of the videos is about the earths changing climates,another is about how mammothes became extinct.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This site is about the earth and what is happening to it and its also for are educational learning so we can learn more about history so we can study the earth but its fun at the same time. Its for us so we can understand the world so we know whats happening around us. You can also learn about are body and they have all the subjects and grades for everyone to know more and learn about health,math,history,geometry,But my opinion about this site is that its great in ways but its also really weird because its all about the world and its videos of are bodys and the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found a lot of educational videos, and the site is very neat! The site can help anyone, even teachers! Even kindergardeners! You can do homework here and the teacher can check it, which helps tons! The videos show tons of things! Things like the human body, math, science, and shows, too! There is Mythbusters!!! It shows things from the world war 2, it shows videos about Hitler! The video that I watched first was a guy who got flipped in the air, and thrown to the ground, but had no broken bones! The whole site is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We think that the Discovery Education site will be a useful tool that will help our classes learning. We breifly browsed throught the site and found some videos that we would want to watch in the future. It will engage students because it's not just a boring lesson done on the chalk board but visual learning. This site looks like it is going to be fun to learn with !!!!!!!

    -Fobo and Covo

    ReplyDelete